While in-house shredding is an option for all businesses, historically, it has NOT proven to be the most reliable or cost effective method for the destruction of your confidential materials.
In-house shredding is often unreliable and cost IN-effective because:
- Employees spend time on shredding when they could be more productive focusing on their core responsibilities
- Even small shredders can cause injury when clothing or accessories become caught in them
- Due to the confidential nature of material the law requires to be shredded, employees have been known to use this information, resulting in identity theft for your customers and your other employees
- Privacy, privacy, privacy….payroll, legal and employment issue documents, appointment logs, phone messages and all other forms of confidential materials are private and should not be exposed to just anyone
- In-house shredding is not feasible for large volumes of confidential materials and may prompt employees to circumvent the destruction process
The bottom line is that you will spend more money shredding in-house, you will run the risk of violating the law and you will lack a paper trail that proves you are abiding by all privacy laws.
Maverick Shredding is both economical and convenient, and we provide you with documentation that you are abiding by the law. Working with us is like having “privacy law insurance.”
Did you also know that if you choose to destroy your documents “In-House” you need to have a written program that covers the following compliance guidelines?
- Employee Screening
- Transport Procedures
- Access Control
- Facility Monitoring
- Destruction Timeframes
- The Use of Subcontractors
- Particle Size Requirements
- The Fate of the Destroyed Materials
- An Audit Trail (Including a Certificate of Destruction)
- Annual Review of Program and Procedures